bianci

Die Stadt, in der ich lebe: ORF-Korrespondenten erzählen
Walter Erdelitsch
Lipstick Jungle
Candace Bushnell

Inter Act: Interpersonal Communication Concepts, Skills, And Contexts, Eleventh Edition And Now Playing: Learning Communication Through Film Textbook Only

Inter Act: Interpersonal Communication Concepts, Skills, And Contexts, Eleventh Edition And Now Playing: Learning Communication Through Film   Textbook Only - Kathleen Verderber This is the latest of Lauren Weisberger's novels and it dives deeply into the Tennis world, which I know absolutely nothing about, or knew nothing, before I read this book. I have to admit that Tennis is also not the most interesting choice of topics for me personally, but getting a glimpse of something new never hurts I guess :)
I liked how the story developed, though for my taste it was a bit too predictable, but the main character Charlie managed it (surprisingly against all odds, in my opinion) to stay likeable and nice for the most part, though she was actually supposed to become a "fighter" or "warrior princess" as her management and trainer put it, in order to succeed in her career as a high-ranked, professional Tennis player.
What I didn't enjoy was the part where Charlie "accidentally" smoked pot, or actually she didn't even smoke it but "vaporize" it...?! This part I didn't enjoy at all because for me it seems a bit far-fetched that a professional athlete as Charlie would just take a pull from a vaporizer randomly handed to her on a player's party in a hotel room. Also, her rivalry with her strongest opponent Natalya sometimes assumes weird proportions. .
All in all it's a nice, quick read and I enjoyed it :)